Work Permits

Do you need a  work permit (Youth Employment Certificate)?  If you are under 18 and plan to work you probably will. You must submit your information on-line at the North Carolina Department of Labor website. 

You must have a job offer before going on-line to apply for a work permit. You will be required to submit the job title, description of duties, name of business, supervisor's name, business address, and business telephone number.  The application will only take a few minutes.  Follow all directions. Print the certificate and take a copy of it with your parent/guardian's signature to your employer.

If you have questions, please see Mr. Smith.